The 2022 Villas & Vistas Home and Garden Tour happens on 10/2!
The LPCA sponsors exciting events and meetings year round.
With 5,000+ residents, Lyon Park is a unique and diverse community.
Learn about the history of our 100+ year old neighborhood.
Welcome to Lyon Park! Established in 1919, Lyon Park is one of the original Arlington neighborhoods and features homes spanning over 100 years, scenic parks, and playgrounds, and welcoming community events associated with our recently renovated community center. Located a short distance from the Metro’s Orange and Silver lines, Lyon Park retains its neighborhood feel, while situated near the urban corridor of Clarendon’s retail stores, bars, and restaurants. [Read 2021 story on Lyon Park from The Washington Post.] The Lyon Park Citizens Association is a resident volunteer body that oversees management of the neighborhood’s private park, county government interactions, and enabling conversations among citizens about neighborhood issues.
Recent LP Features
- LEGACY READERS: READING WITH YOUNG LEARNERS!Lots of education research confirms that children who read below grade level in the 3rd grade have a very hard time ever catching up. Continue reading
- Who Was Dr. Charles Drew?You may be familiar with Charles R. Drew Elementary or Community Center, but not the local hero for whom the school is named, a Black physician whose blood transfusion discoveries transformed emergency medicine and surgery. Continue reading
- Missing Middle Housing: Arguments For and AgainstOn November 12th, Arlington County leaders will decide whether to implement new zoning laws to allow for denser population on our existing county footprint. Continue reading
- Keeping “Abreast” of the Turkey TrotWith the 17th running of the Arlington 5K Turkey Trot fast approaching, Mark Riley talked turkey on how the race started, how it has changed, and why it is important. Continue reading
- Let’s Recycle…ProperlyNearly all our residents participate in recycling, but many blue recycle bins contain items that don’t belong there. Continue reading