The LPCA sponsors exciting events and meetings year round.
With 5,000+ residents, Lyon Park is a unique and diverse community.
Learn about the history of our 100+ year old neighborhood.
Welcome to Lyon Park! Established in 1919, Lyon Park is one of the original Arlington neighborhoods and features homes spanning over 100 years, scenic parks, and playgrounds, and welcoming community events associated with our recently renovated community center. Located a short distance from the Metro’s Orange and Silver lines, Lyon Park retains its neighborhood feel, while situated near the urban corridor of Clarendon’s retail stores, bars, and restaurants. [Read 2021 story on Lyon Park from The Washington Post.] The Lyon Park Citizens Association is a resident volunteer body that oversees management of the neighborhood’s private park, county government interactions, and enabling conversations among citizens about neighborhood issues.
Recent LP Features
- Frank Lyon and Arlington (Part I of III)Our Lyon Park website indicates that Lyon Park is named after Frank Lyon, who developed Lyon Park in 1919. It talks about Lyon Park’s development, but not much about Frank Lyon. Continue reading
- Memories of Arlington: Growing up in Halls Hill (now High View Park)I was born in Washington, DC in 1942 and lived there until my parents moved to Halls Hill about 3 years later. Continue reading
- Urban Heat IslandsAs Arlington County increases its density of buildings and residents, more people can access our many benefits. Continue reading
- North Arlington Segregation WallsIf you’ve ever gone to the Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe you’ve been in North Arlington’s High View Park area —formerly known as Hall’s Hill, an historically Black neighborhood outlined in red on the map. Continue reading
- Business Spotlight: Interview with Sue Pyatt, Co-Owner, Kinder Haus Toys in ClarendonInterview with local business owner, Sue Pyatt, whose Kinder Haus Toys shop in Clarendon has delighted shoppers since 1982. Continue reading