The LPCA sponsors exciting events and meetings year round.
With 5,000+ residents, Lyon Park is a unique and diverse community.
Learn about the history of our 100+ year old neighborhood.
Welcome to Lyon Park! Established in 1919, Lyon Park is one of the original Arlington neighborhoods and features homes spanning over 100 years, scenic parks, and playgrounds, and welcoming community events associated with our recently renovated community center. Located a short distance from the Metro’s Orange and Silver lines, Lyon Park retains its neighborhood feel, while situated near the urban corridor of Clarendon’s retail stores, bars, and restaurants. [Read 2021 story on Lyon Park from The Washington Post.] The Lyon Park Citizens Association is a resident volunteer body that oversees management of the neighborhood’s private park, county government interactions, and enabling conversations among citizens about neighborhood issues.
Recent LP Features
- Saved by the Arlington County Fire DepartmentBy Bob Hagemann After 18 months of delays, supply chain disruptions, and ostensible labor supply shortages, we’re back home. The … Continue reading
- Laundry and Dishwasher Pods: Popular but PollutingBy Elaine Simmons Laundry and dishwasher pods have quickly become consumer favorites. People love the convenience of the pre-measured packets … Continue reading
- Why Less Lawn is BetterBy Elaine Simmons Maintaining a thick, green lawn is a potent symbol of the American dream, but these lawns are … Continue reading
- Business Spotlight: Thai TreasureBy Michelle McMahon If you’ve been looking for a local restaurant to try, there is a hidden gem you may … Continue reading
- A Solid IdeaBy Heidi Ananthakrishnan Some years ago, while traveling for work, I became conscious of the enormous amount of plastic travel … Continue reading